In this post i’m going to show you how to make money with Clickbank without a website. Before we go into the details, i’d just like to state that although it is possible to make make money with Clickbank without a website, it is very hard and it’s also not the best way to do it.
This method is great for absolute beginners to get started with no budget or limited skills, and you will make make bits of money here and there. I’ll show you how you can get things setup and start driving traffic to your offers, but i’ll also show you a better way to do this which is not only more passive, but also very scale-able and way more consistent.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
To start this off, i’m first going to cover what is Affiliate Marketing? Some people may already know what this is, but others may be landing on this page and have no idea what Affiliate Marketing is. If you do know then you can just skip this part and move on to the next section.
Here is Wikipedia description of what Affiliate Marketing is…
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
So as an Affiliate Marketer, you are promoting products that other people make, and then receive a certain percentage commission of each sale made. This percentage is different for all kinds of affiliate programs, and there are many out there for every niche imaginable.
Advantages Of Affiliate Marketing
- It’s a lucrative and far-reaching industry
- It’s a low-cost business opportunity
- No expertise required
- It’s good as a supplementary source of income
- Independence. Flexibility. Convenience
- No need to come up with your own marketing Kit
- The techniques and strategies you can choose from are limitless
You can read a complete guide to Affiliate Marketing here.
What Is Clickbank?
When I first started my internet marketing journey, Clickbank was one of the first platforms I came across. It’s been around for a long time so a lot of people reading this should already know about it. For those of you who don’t, here’s a brief description.
Clickbank is one of the largest marketplaces online for digital products. It is a place where vendors (individuals or businesses) can create a digital product, and sell it via Clickbank. It is also a place where Affiliates (which I covered above) can find products to promote, for which you will then earn a percentage commission on each sale made of that product.
The platform has around 10,000 active product vendors, which makes this a very large platform and plenty of products to choose from to promote.
Here are some great reasons to choose Clickbank as an affiliate:
- High commissions: Most products on Clickbank offer really high commissions. You can find products as high as 70%. This means if you sell a product priced at $100 with a 70% commission rate, you will earn $70. The reason they are able to offer high commissions is because there are no shipping or production costs with digital products. If you compare this to Amazon who offer a 3$-4% commission rate for Affiliates, you can see the huge difference between the two.
- Fast payments: With many affiliate networks, you will not be able to get access to your money until 30 days after you have earned it. With Clickbank you will get paid either weekly or bi-weekly.
- Huge variety of products: Thousands of products from all different kinds of niches.
- Recurring commissions: You can find products that have recurring commissions. This means that if somebody purchases, you will get paid a commission each and every month.
- Newbie friendly: Some affiliate networks are very hard to get accepted for new affiliates. A good example of this is Warrior Plus and JV Zoo. With Clickbank you can get accepted instantly.
The first step is to head on over to clickbank.com and sign up for a free account.
Once you have an account, to search for products you will have to click on marketplace (see photo below).
The first thing you will want to do is select which niche you are going to be targeting. For those of you who do not know what this is, a niche is a small sub-category of a larger topic. There are some great methods for selecting a niche, I even have an Ultimate Niche List which you can grab 100% free. As this method is purely promoting just on Clickbank, you can use the categories list found on here for the research.
If you take a look at the screenshot below, you will see a list of product categories in red on the left hand side of the screen. Clicking on a category will open a drop-down list with even more smaller categories.
A couple of things to keep in mind when choosing a list are, you will need to make sure this niche is profitable, and it also helps to choose a niche you have an interest in yourself. If your niche is profitable, it means it’s popular as people are spending money in it.
Another great way of checking this is to head on over to Facebook, and check if there are any groups for that niche and how large they are. It’s also good to pick an evergreen niche. Evergreen means that it’s always relevant, and not just some trend that’s going to disappear after a few months. The evergreen niches are:
- Making Money Online
- Personal Development
- Dating & Relationships
This doesn’t mean you have to pick one of these niches, there are many other niches that also work.
How To Choose A Product?
To search for a product, either search in the list of categories as I shown you above, or type a keyword into the search box. Using an example for this tutorial, I clicked on the Home & Garden tab as a whole, not from the drop-down menu. By default, the results are sorted by popularity. Change this option to “Gravity”.
High gravity means that affiliates are making a lot of money from it, and proves it’s a proven product that is working. Browser through the products and look out for anything that has a gravity score of anything above 20. Gravity is not the only factor when deciding which product to promote. Here are some other things to look out for:
- Video sales page: These are great for a couple of reasons. First of all, they convert really well as video is highly engaging. Second, if the product creators have gone through the effort of producing a video, you know they care about the product and it’s a good one to go for as an affiliate.
- Affiliate tools: The top products will have have a dedicated affiliate page with tools and all kinds of goodies for the affiliate. If you take a look at the screenshot above, on the top result you will see an affiliate page link underneath the description. They usually contain web banners, email swipes, articles, free ebook giveaways, and all kinds of cool stuff. This means you will be able to get up and running straight away.
- Social proof: This will include testimonials, reviews, or other kinds of social proof. This information will show how these people have benefited from using the product. This will help increase the conversions of the product you are promoting.
- Strong call to actions: Video sales pages were covered above, but text based sales pages with great headlines and copy will also do a great job of converting customers.
- A great sales funnel: Most products will have a front end offer, and then when people make the purchase, you will get directed to an upsell page offering an extra benefit for more money. A lot of products even offer 2, 3, or 4 different upsells. This allows you to make a lot of money just from one customer.
CHOOSING A PRODUCT
You should now have a better idea of Clickbank and exactly what to look for. So going back to the category of Home & Garden which I chose earlier, let’s take a look through and pick a product. The top result called “Tedswoodworking” straight away pops out as a great product to promote. Let’s do a checklist and see if this is a good product.
- Gravity: Again, if you refer to the screenshot above, you will see that this product has a gravity of 163.16 which is great!
- Affiliate tools: It has a link to an affiliate tools page where you can sign up and receive all kinds of promotional material.
- Sales page: This product has links to multiple different sales pages which include, video, text based, and even freebie download landing pages.
- Social proof: The sales page has testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Sales funnel: Teds Woodworking has a fantastic sales funnel. Not only does it have a front end offer of $67, it also has multiple upsells, and a recurring offer (see image below).
As you can clearly see, this is a perfect product to start promoting. You can use this as a guideline to refer back to when choosing a product from other niches.
The only thing left to do now is to grab your affiliate link. An affiliate link is a unique link to you. It has your Clickbank ID in the url which links to the product sales page. Clickbank then knows it was you so any sales made will go into your account.
If you take a look at the screenshot above, on the affiliate tools section of the product, look for a a section that’s titled “your affiliate links” or something along them lines. You will find a number f different options and sales page links as I mentioned previously. In the part of the url where it says “YourClickbankID” just replace this part with your unique Clickbank username.
Methods To Make Money With Clickbank
You know how everything you need to start promoting on Clickbank including a chosen product and your affiliate link. All that’s left to do now is to start driving traffic to your offer, or getting your link in front of the right people, in order for you to start making commissions.
When it comes to knowing how to make money with Clickbank without a website, you are very limited on what you can do. Most social channels these days do not even allow affiliate links on there platform. It’s also very hard to convert into sales if you are not providing any kind of value. It’s very hard to do this without a blog/website because you cannot even post articles containing your affiliate link.
By far the best option is to just create a blog around your chosen niche. But for the sake of this post, here are the best ways you can make money with Clickbank without a website.
Method 1: Facebook Group
The first method is to create a Facebook group based around your chosen niche. Here’s a step-by-step process of how it’s done.
- Step 1 – Create a new profile: You will first of all need to create a brand new Facebook profile. The reason for this is because it’s going to be for business purposes and will you’l want to keep this separate from your personal profile.
- Step 2 – Create a group: Next is to create a Facebook group. On the left hand side of your profile, you should see a “groups” button. Click on this, then click on “Create Group”. Fill in all of the details and name the group something related to your chosen niche. The full details of creating a group won’t be covered here, as this is a whole topic on its own.
- Step 3 – Finding other groups: Go to the Facebook search bar and type in a keyword related to your niche, then click on the groups tab. In this case I will stick with woodworking as used in the previous example. Here you will see a list of all of the groups related to this niche. Taking the top result as an example, this group has 25,952 members. This is just one group, and there are a ton of groups, so you can see the potential of this.
- Step 4 – Adding members: Go into the groups and join as many as possible. You can then click on members inside the group, go through the people and on to their profile. Add them as a friend and drop them a message telling them about your group and leave them a link for them to join. By doing this you are not only building up a targeted group of people on your group, but also on your new profile that are relative to your niche.
- Step 5 – Post/Make Money: You will now want to start posting content inside your group. Again, this is hard without a website. You will have to do this by finding articles from other sources such as blogs and YouTube. Every now again you can drop your affiliate link in there, or write a question asking people to request info. You will then send them a message and drop your affiliate link in there.
Method 2: YouTube
YouTube is one of the best free traffic methods around, not just for Clickbank but for any business or Affiliate programs. The problem is, most people do not want to put themselves on camera. You really have to get over this fear and just do it. It’s like anything else in life, the more you do it, the easier it will get. If you really do not want to go on camera, or at least not at first, there are methods of doing this.
- Presentation Slides: With this one you will not have to put your face on camera. You can even use Google slides to create this and then upload them onto YouTube.
- Animation Videos: This is not as hard as it may seem. With technology these days you can create beautiful, animated videos in a few clicks. A perfect example of this is Mozivid FX where you can create customizable video animation templates.
- Using other peoples videos: You can actually do this legally. If you head on over to YouTube and search for a video in your niche. Filter the results to show creative commons. You have the rights to use these videos as your own. Do not simply grab the video and upload it. Get a number of different videos and edit them together to create your own. You can do this with video editing software such as Camtasia or Movavi.
Once you have have created the videos, your affiliate link can go in the description below the video. Always remember to shorten your affiliate link using a link shortener such as Bitly.
To really get the most out of this method, you can also use a tool called TubeBuddy. This browser extension has an absolute ton of tools and features such as keyword explorer, view and copy video tags, videolytics, opportunity finder, plus much much more.
Further YouTube Training
- YT Supremacy: www.ytsupremacy.com
Why Using A Website Is 10x Better
The above methods are okay, but I cannot stress enough how much you need a blog. The only thing you will need to pay is a few dollars per month for web hosting. Most web hosting these days even comes with a free domain name. Here are the reasons why you should be using a website instead.
- More Affiliate Programs: You can apply to bigger and better affiliate programs and there are loads out there.
- Branding yourself: This helps create trust which leads to more conversions and sales.
- Value: A website full of helpful and informative articles creates a ton of value to your visitors. More people will come to your website, stay on your website, and you will make more money.
- Automation: If you keep putting out content month after month, there will come a time when you are getting multiple thousands of visitors per month without doing anything. You will have to put in the work and you will not see results for a while, but if you are consistent, you will earn money on autopilot.
- One location: All of your affiliate links are in one place instead of across multiple platforms. You will just need to work on your website and you will eventually earn a full time income from blogging.
How To Make Money With Clickbank With a Blog
There is too much information on this topic to cover here, but if you head on over to a post I wrote called “How To Make Money With a Blog For Beginners”, you will get a full guide on how to setup a blog. No only can you then start promoting Clickbank products, but you can also promote many other affiliate programs.
Hope you enjoyed this post on how to make money with Clickbank without a website. Also hope you realise how crucial it is to start a blog. If you have any questions on this topic, please leave them in the comments below.